Standing Desks FAQs
What height desk do I need for a 6 foot person?
- It doesn’t have to be difficult to get ergonomics right for taller people. As with any desk user, when in the seated position their upper arm should be straight with a 90 degree bend at the elbow so that their forearms are resting on the desk at a vertical angle.
- The beauty of these adjustable standing desks is that they make it easy for users to move from a seated to standing position at regular intervals through the day.
Can I add power sockets & cable management?
All desks have a range of practical and useful inset power options, from standard UK plug sockets to handy USB charging points. There are also contactless chargers available for added flexibility.
Cable management options include:
- Cable trays in metal.
- Grommet holes for guiding cables through the top of the sit-stand desk.
- Inset power points and USB charging sockets.
- Most importantly a cable sock or channel that runs from the desk to floor and keeps unsightly cables hidden and away from users.
These help to keep the workspace clear and safe with no trailing wires.
Can I buy matching office cabinets?
A common question we hear from people investing in new office furniture is how easy it will be to match with other pieces. This can be really important in design-led commercial environments where aesthetics are key.
This isn’t a problem at Spaceist, where all height adjustable desks come with a range of matching office cabinets, with everything from tall cabinets with solid or glass doors to under-desk pedestal units with pen drawers and plenty of drawer storage for personal items.