Cafe Furniture FAQs
What is the best type of coffee shop furniture for easy cleaning?
- Plastic is always the easiest material to clean.
- The material does not soak up moisture and is not easily stained.
- Warm water and a non-abrasive detergent can be used to clean off everyday coffee shop furniture dirt and leave your chairs looking clean.
- Antibacterial sprays can be used on commercial cafe furniture but try on the underside of the seat to test for bleaching or discolouring.
How do you fold and stack a cafe or bistro table?
- Modern cafe tables with a folding top come with a large type hinge that is fixed to the table top and table base. There is a button or lever that can be pushed to release the mechanism.
- The table can be then tilted to a horizontal position so the tables can be pushed together. The angled legs allow the tables to be pushed flat against each other to minimise storage space.
The Ypsilon folding table is the most popular option.
Is Spaceist furniture suitable for commercial spaces?
As wholesale cafe furniture suppliers our products are commercial grade and are selected by us because the bar furniture is designed especially for the specific demands and needs of busy commercial cafes, office breakout areas, schools and colleges.
- We understand that cafe and bar furnishings need to be hard wearing as well as beautifully designed.
- Our cafe furniture is designed to withstand constant daily use and regular cleaning.
Can I leave chairs stacked for long periods?
Yes you can! especially for outdoor chairs which should be stacked indoors over winter. Just make sure you do not exceed the maximum recommended total of cafe seating in one stack.
Stacking top tip:
- The danger is the bottom chair can be damaged if the weight is over its designed limit.
- Make sure you clean the chairs before stacking.
- This will remove any dirt from the seat and back so the weight of the chairs above will not push the dirt into the surfaces.
How do I carry the stacked chairs indoors?
Always be careful when lifting heavy weights like 6 or 8 stackable chairs. Depending on the material the chairs are made from usually 3 or 4 chairs are the maximum anyone should lift.
Stacking chair trolley with wheels
We have a selection of cafe chairs for sale that fit on a stacking trolley so the seating can be stacked directly onto the trolley and moved indoors for overnight or winter storage. This will make it quicker and safer for everyone.
How do I clean cafe furniture?
- To clean a cafe table and chairs, simply wipe them with a damp, non-abrasive or microfibre cloth.
- Use a mild cleaner like washing up liquid diluted with water.
- For glass table tops you can use a proprietary glass cleaner to remove grease and any finger marks.
- Dry the furniture off with a soft cloth once cleaning is completed and it’s ready for use again tomorrow.