Reception Desk FAQs
Will I need a bespoke size?
If you have a small waiting room or awkwardly shaped reception area or wish to ensure that a modern reception desk dimensions are kept to a minimum, then you will almost certainly need a bespoke reception desk.
- Our modern reception furniture is available in a wide range of shapes and the reception desk size can easily and affordably be made to order in bespoke sizes for perfectly fitting furniture.
Can the surface be wiped down or disinfected?
In any public area, and especially if the unit is located in a doctor’s surgery or clinic waiting room, then it will need to be hygienically cleaned. All of our commercial-grade furniture is designed to withstand the rigours of public space.
- Desks for reception are usually made from laminate, the same material as a kitchen work surface, so are easily cleaned, as are glass surfaces.
- If the reception counter is regularly touched by visitors or is in a high traffic area avoid black reception desks and go for lighter colours like white and grey.
Do I need a countertop?
It’s not absolutely necessary for informal areas like agencies or if the receptionist is just giving directions in a high traffic area. A countertop is required for spaces like surgeries and doctor’s waiting rooms where confidential private or medical documents are used.
The height of the reception desks can be made in a bespoke size on most of our ranges. Speak to one of our experts today 020 8840 6298.
How high should the unit be?
The standard height of a modern standing reception desk is around 110cm to 115cm, while the ideal top height for space where monitors and phones are used is normally around 75cm high. For a bespoke reception desk height call our experts on 020 8840 6298.
- You may wish to consider adding various levels of height to the space, with higher areas to allow privacy and security, or lower levels to allow maximum accessibility and to more easily accommodate wheelchair users.
- Consider a black standing reception desk if you require a higher version.
What extras can I add?
The cost of reception desks can change depending on the extras you choose. Office cabinets, integrated cabinets, power and USB sockets, LED lighting and desk chairs are just some of the options. We can help you decide what the best options for your space are. Call our experts on 020 8840 6298 for prices and planning advice.
Will I need storage cabinets?
That depends on who will be using the reception counter. A doctor's waiting room will need sliding or tambour door office cabinets for files and records.
- If you just need a space to store personal items like bags and keys then a pedestal drawer or cabinet would be more suitable.
- For coat and jacket storage you will need a high cabinet with a rail or hooks. Some of the curved desks come with integrated storage.
How long does it take to order?
Your new reception desk is carefully crafted to order and so we would normally advise approximately around four to six weeks lead time, depending on the style of desk and the type of counter ordered, especially where bespoke measurements are required.
- If you have a particularly tight deadline to meet please call our furniture experts on 020 8840 6298 for immediate availability details. We’ll be happy to advise on all current options that can be fulfilled at higher speeds.
How does the furniture arrive at our office?
No more wasting time trying to track down delivery drivers or chasing up couriers. Our fully trained fitters will deliver, unpack and assemble your new furniture for you, leaving it in exactly the right place and ready to use immediately with no mess, fuss or heavy lifting for you.
Out of office hours delivery
We understand that you’re busy, so this service is also available by appointment outside of normal office working hours for minimal downtime and a disruption-free install.